Thursday's Unique Picks - Life's a Beach

I am not going to lie...
After I wrote my Vintage Vacation Spot blog yesterday about The Sea Foam Motel in the Outer Banks I have had sand in my brain.
Sculpture made by yours truly, I called her Sandy.
Today's Unique Picks are my salute to the sand, sun and sea. Some of the picks are subtle reminders of a sandy happy place and some pretty much scream,"Let's go to the beach!"
I started thinking about some of the little touches in my home that bring me back to the beach...


The hubby and I picked up this lovely little vintage glass fish bitters bottle while on vacation in the Outer Banks. Haha it was made in New Jersey. Oh well, it is a sentimental trinket from one of our vacations. Maybe it swam it's way to North Carolina.

Speaking of going for a swim...or maybe not

I have this flag hanging over my shower curtain above my bath tub. We may have picked this up out of a pile of sand along the beach while on vacation in Myrle Beach. It's not like we climbed up on the life guard stand and snatched it away... It does look pretty worn and I bet they were just going to throw it away anyway. I really don't want to start anything by showing off this authentic and unique found flag. Although I have always harbored a tiny fear that some bleach blond life guard might roll up on his buggy, start pounding on my front door in Ohio, blowing his whistle at me demanding that I return it.

Are you ready for my Unique Picks from etsy that will take you back to the beach?
beautiful vintage postcard from CherryBlossomInBlue
Pack up your beach tote...
This hand woven jute tote bag is perfect for a day at the beach. It is sold in Marci Fine Goods shop.
Don't forget to pack a gorgeous hand made towel /peshtemal
found in ottofabric's etsy shop

Sunnies are optional unless they are seriously cool. If the sunglasses are cool then they are required.
These vintage shades are seriously cool. Find them in Retro Eye wear's etsy shop.
If sunbathing is not your style you can keep busy while at the beach...
I totally dig these vintage metal shovels from cOveTableCuriOsitIEs.
and why not use this adorable vintage sand pail from Rogue Valley Vintage to to collect your seashells or add some ice and a few bottles of beer and you will have a cool cooler.

But what ever you do don't forget your swimsuit!
I personally love this suit from Sam Wish Vintage.

Yes life can be a beach especially when the vacation is over. So here are a few pieces that you can bring home to remind you of the fun you had in the sun even when it's snowing.
What a fantastic find, vintage mid century modern wood seagulls wall sculpture from Shooting Creek Vintage.

There is nothing fishy about this pick. It's a vintage milk glass planter from Lulu's Dressing Room, that has a subtle salute to the sea with its fish scale texture.

This is another sea inspired piece from Element Clay Studio. Love the chartreuse pop color on the interior of the bowl.

Picture perfect beach images from ShadedMemories bring an ocean front view to any room in your home.

Drift away on this charming handmade driftwood boat from atelier28's etsy shop.
 Or serve up some bananas splits in these brightly colored vintage boat shaped bowls from AtomicKatz's shop.

Love this vintage meets digital design from the charm school dropout to decorate your space.

Beach inspired accessories are the perfect way to subtly bring that beachy feel into your wardrobe without having to wear your swimsuit to the office.
 This vintage brooch composed of shells, sold in The Unique Bird etsy shop.

Don' be a beach bum, wear this striking necklace that layers in a little piece of driftwood for a polished beach comber look. It can be found in Things Together's shop.

Scrabble tile sign from Out on a Whim.
 Hope you have enjoyed my little day trip to the beach with today's Unique Picks.
Oh yes, you could say I went to Carolina in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment