Thursday's Unique Picks - Quilt Impressive

"Woke up this mornin' feelin' fine..."
stepped outside and woah! (I know that isn't the way the song goes, but I am invoking artistic license)
 There was bit of a chill in the breeze today.
Where did the Summer go? I cannot believe that the official start of Fall is only about a week away. On September 23rd at 5:05 a.m., Autumn officially arrives (in case you want to set your alarm to celebrate). Guess that means it is time to put away the swim suits and bust out the long johns and dive under the blankets. I am all about keeping cozy.
One of my summer flea market scores, that has been added to my personal collection of vintage goodness! I can't believe I almost walked away from this pretty. My mom went back to the seller and wheeled and dealed to get this feedsack fabric quilt down to a price that I was happy with. I am not cheap, I am thrifty.
 I am quilt possibly one of the biggest fans of getting cozy under a quilt.
Sew in a very round about way, this lead me to this week's picks from etsy sellers. I decided to explore the wild world of quilts on etsy...but not necessarily the types that you can crawl under... 
It is quilt possible to get the cozy homespun charm of a quilt in all different types of materials besides fabrics. 

Paper
This beautiful handmade paper collage has been appliqued to hand quilted calico fabric from Kathryn Oaten on etsy. 
Pottery
Charming vintage mixing bowl with a fantastic quilt like texture from Bird In Hand's etsy shop

Glass
Handmade quilt inspired stained glass mosaic lamp from  Michelle Lisa Stained Glass Mosaics on etsy

Metal
Here is a twist on a decorative quilted throw. This sharp looking copper and brass handmade design is from Jay Lee Creations on etsy.

Wood
Handcrafted wooden bowl with an exquisite quilt like decoration created from various exotic wood by  tonyswoods on etsy.
I was quilt impressed by all of these unique finds on etsy. Just because dictionary.com  
defines the word:

Quilt: a coverlet for a bed, made of two layers of fabric with some soft substance, as wool or down, between them and stitched in patterns or tufted through all thickness in order to prevent the filling from shifting.

Doesn't mean that you can't redefine this traditional cozy homespun blanket in other fantastic materials!

No comments:

Post a Comment