The Spring Flea

Greetings and salutations readers. I know that I haven't blogged in a few weeks, and it isn't because I have abandoned ship. 
The truth is, I have been having an affair. 
It has been a very intense affair with my Kenmore Ultra Stitch 12 sewing machine. Last week, I was feverishly preparing for the Spring Flea! in Columbus, Ohio. 


It was a great day to spend some time outside in the sunshine (thank goodness), shopping for vintage and handmade finds in the Short North. Since The Unique Bird isn't only all about awesome vintage home decor, it is also about unique handmade finds using vintage materials, I kept myself quite busy, sewing up some beautiful new Spring into Summer items to bring to the show. 
Take a peek into my booth.

The Unique Bird's Booth at the Spring Flea! May 8th, 2011.



Handmade vintage fabric pillows from The Unique Bird. I was really excited about some of my new creations!

All new handmade vintage floral fabric garland, great framed vintage ephemera, and of course our vintage fabric wine bottle wraps!

We had a fresh selection of handmade vintage fabric wine bottle wraps prefect for those Spring soirees or Summer fetes.

Ahoy! I have also added some new vintage fabric wine wrap styles to The Unique Bird's etsy shop too.


Last Sunday was Mother's Day, and The Spring Flea was a great place to pick up a Unique last minute gift for Mom!


We were thrilled to have a sweet selection of handmade vintage feedsack fabric handbags and totes from the talented Mother Daughter team at Objet Adapte in our booth.

Wear your personality on your sleeve...your coffee cup sleeve that is. One of our newest items, the handmade reusable vintage fabric coffee cup sleeve, turned out to be quite a hot item (no pun intended).

Coming Up Tulips, I also recently added some great new vintage fabric coffee sleeve styles to our etsy shop.

It was a fantastic day! I thank everyone who stopped by The Unique Bird's booth. 
I also want to say a special Thanks to my Mom for helping me run my booth while the Hubby was at a baseball game with the Birthday Boy (a.k.a. My Dad)!

Sew much more for tomorrow May 15th, 2011!
 Since our vintage fabric wine bottle wraps and reusable coffee cup sleeves turned out to be such a hit I added more new styles this week that can be found at Objet Adapte's booth at North Market's Artisan Sunday. Thanks so much to Objet Adapte for including some of our handmade vintage in your booth!

Artisan Sunday at the North Market in Columbus, Ohio.

Objet Adapte specializes in one of a kind, handmade vintage feedsack handbags and aprons.

These are some of their newest feedsack bag designs from their "Frontier Collection.".

Visit Objet Adapte at The Artisan Sunday craft fair at North market from 12-5 pm.
Even if it is a rainy Sunday (fingers crossed it won't be), their beautiful handmade feedsack bags and a great selection of handmade vintage fabric wine bottle wraps and coffee sleeves from The Unique Bird will be sure to brighten your day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I live in Columbus and I didn't even know about this event! It looked like a lot of fun! You've got to keep me up to date on all the cool stuff going on in this town!

    Lindsey Turner
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete