Thursday's Unique Picks - Comforts and Joys

Tis the season for Comforts and Joys!

Yes, I am in full blown Christmas mode here at the nest…and that doesn’t mean everything is done and lovely…it means that everything is in utter chaos.

From one of my all time favorite Christmas movies, this appropriate sentiment from Clark, has been captured in this festive handmade embroidered ornament from Water Penny's etsy shop.

Oh the best laid plans of mice and men…totally go out the window in the weeks before Christmas. For all of you intellectuals, I know I totally just misquoted that line, but I like to repurpose things…even famous lines from classic poems...and have a heart, it’s Christmas.

The kind of mouse you don't mind having in your house. This mouse just plans on looking cute. This wee little vintage Christmas mouse can be found in Posh Totty Designz etsy shop.

Even with all of the headaches that the Holiday season brings, (and I totally admit to bringing the headaches upon myself) there are these little instances of comforts and joys. Everyone has their own definitions of comfort and joy…for me it’s a lot of little things that make the season bright.

This brings me to my Unique Picks this week, from great etsy sellers. This week’s finds are cozy reminders of the little things that I enjoy this time of year and maybe you do too.

When it looks like this outside…

 The view outside my kitchen window today 12/16/10.
All I want to do is enjoy the comforts of my home.

This lovely handmade pillow cover from Shann Spishak Art Studio's etsy shop pretty much sums it up.

Build a little fire…

How cozy is this little fireside scene captured in this original digital illustration print from Celeste Welch Designs?

No fireplace? No problem...You won't get burned with this vintage electric ambiance. Found in Antoinette's Whims etsy shop. This vintage find not only puts out a warm red glow through its high-definition plastic window, but also makes life like crackling fire sounds.

Get under a wool blanket ...

This vibrant vintage wool plaid blanket can be found in High Point Farm 2010's etsy shop.

This is upcycled baby hat was made using a wool blanket and vintage fabric. This great find is from kinchi's etsy shop. See, just because it's a hat, doesn't mean you aren't getting under a wool blanket!

Maybe enjoy a hot beverage

Two of my favorites...mini sized and hot cocoa. These adorable little printed winter greeting cards were created from original illustrations and can be found in Merry Blues Art's etsy shop.

Keeping your cocoa cozier. This knitted mug cozy is from mod dessert's etsy shop.

Cuddle = Comfort
When I was just a little girly, I was much happier cuddling this stuffed Santa than my new little sis. My mom can have her...

I have always been a big fan of cuddling plush toys...so maybe I am too old to be sitting on the couch with one now...but I still like to give them a hug every now and then...
(anyway, when you cuddle with a stuffed animal, they don't complain that you are making their arm go to sleep)

Everything about this cheeky bear doll by cozyblue on etsy is comforting. It's like a stuffed animal and pillow all in one!

But let’s be honest folks…we have a schedule to keep…it’s almost Christmas. Lounging around the house is not really an option, so enjoy these little comforts any chance you get!

The little Joys...
being able to cross something off my "to do" list...

 Maybe a dream...but wouldn't it be so nice! These adorable recycled paper notepads are from This is It! Creations etsy shop.

I am overjoyed, when I have finished writing my Christmas cards,

This great Holiday greeting card from goodgosh's etsy shop, happens to be one of my current favorite cards and may have found its way into the mailbox of someone very special on my Christmas card list.

When all the cards are done, I can place the stickers on the back of the envelope. I love stickers (or maybe I just love finishing the cards) It's the little things...and no, I'm not five.

These plaid envelope seals from Pinkie's Palace would be the "frosting on the cookie" for your Christmas cards.

Decorating my Christmas Tree

You know me, such a sentimental fool. I get so much joy out of hanging each one of my Christmas ornaments. Most of my ornaments have some sort of sentimental meaning. They are usually purchased or given to me as a reminder of something I did, somewhere I visited or something I love. We have quite an eclectic mix of ornaments, but some of my favorites are the handmade ones... especially this one.

Handmade by one of my favorite artists. The hubby. He made this for his Mom when he was just a kiddo and she passed it along to me...

These little handmade ornaments from Beer Can Darl's etsy shop are upcycled from vintage beer cans and would be the perfect gift for any beer connoisseur or breweriana collector.

Most of all, my favorite little holiday joy is finding just the right gift for someone on etsy...or anywhere for that matter. It’s always a bonus though,when the gift is delivered to your front door and handmade with care!

I would divulge some of this year’s holiday etsy purchases, but I have to refrain for the time being, on the outside chance that one of the recipients decides to read my blog.
No fair peeking at my purchases Snoopy Mc Snooperson.

This 1907-1908 postcard from The Old Barn Door's etsy shop, shows that the good little children (the non- peekers) get the good loot!

I Ho Ho Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and find lots amazing gifts picked uniquely for you, under your Christmas tree from ... Santa of course.

I love how comforting and joyful this original photograph print of a vintage Santa is, from CAPow! on etsy .

I will be back in a few weeks with some more unique picking, but next week I really need to buckle down. Santa needs some assistance wrapping gifts and Mrs. Claus can't make all the Christmas cookies herself.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you just tired me out reading the list of Christmas to do's! Thoroughly enjoyed seeing some of the great choices ~ holy shit, pass the Tylenol and ho ho ho to everyone!
    Merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for including my photo! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete