Turkey on my Back

Hi there folks!
Please excuse my lack of Unique Picking great finds from awesome etsy sellers AGAIN this week...
I am pretty sure that next week's post will be a doozie!
No, I haven't settled in for a long winter's nap.

You know how they say that some people have a "monkey on their back"...
Well, my lack of blogging last week was directly related to the fact that I had a "Turkey on my back".
O.K. you got me, here is a great vintage postcard from M Tipping Atelier Vintage on etsy. Pretty much illustrates how I felt last week.

Turkey on your Back: The fear of hosting Thanksgiving in your home for the first time for your parents, in-laws and Uncle and screwing up the turkey feast.
Not to mention my little factory needed to be shut down...A.K.A my home, and be completely cleaned of thread and fabric clippings etc. that may have accumulated due to the increased crafting in preparation for the two craft shows that I participated in the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

The Grandview Holiday Bazaar...
The Unique Bird's Booth at the Grandview Holiday Bazaar filled with vintage and repurposed vintage goodies as well as an awesome selection of handmade feedsack bags from Objet Adapte.

Some of my handmade vintage fabric wine wraps and cozies made their way down to Cincinnati that same weekend, with the talented Mother and Daughter team from Objet Adapte to the
Crafty Supermarket...

 Objet Adapte's booth at the Crafty Super Market November 20th.

The awesome news is that both shows were a success. We even almost sold out of vintage fabric wine bottle wraps and sweater cozies at the Cincinnati show!
Such great news...now back to work girly! I got that turkey off my back last week...and he was mighty delish!

I made that!

And promptly reopened my little sewing factory to make some great new items for this week's craft show...
So F.Y.I:

I love this collage from River City Artworks etsy shop. It pretty much sums up the state of my house.

This week's craftin show is
Montrose Elementary School on Saturday, December 4, 2010

from 10am to 4pm.
2555 East Main Street
Columbus, OH 43209
Bexley, OH 43209.

Here is a sneak peek at some of the new handmade items from The Unique Bird that I have been working on this week that will be there tomorrow...

New upcycled Vintage Sweater pillow

New holiday inspired handmade vintage fabric appliqued place mats.

A great selection of  our handmade vintage fabric wine bottle wraps hot off the sewing machine!

Special thanks to my awesome label suppler Jennifer's Jewels on etsy! I got the custom printed labels I needed for all of my new items just in time!

Upcycled vintage sweater wine bottle cozies for you to delight your hostess with!

I am currently mad for garland!

Handmade using vintage novelty wrapping paper!

Yes, I am in love.

Not all holiday themed either. This strand with little brides and grooms would be adorable for a wedding shower decoration!

All in all, I feel like I have had a pretty successful week!
Hope that if you are in Columbus this weekend you can come out to the art festival!
Don't let a little snow stop you...it's festive!

Home for Christmas framed vintage print from The Unique Bird on etsy!

1 comment:

  1. I love all this stuff Sarah! I definitely want some more wine wraps- maybe Christmas?? I should have gotten some awhile ago from you for gifts! I am sure your Thanksgiving food was delicious and I look forward to hearing about it!

    ReplyDelete