Watch out On Halloween...

Antique postcard from The Unique Bird on etsy. "And the goblins will get you, if you don't watch out On Halloween"...or the pirates. 
I had an interesting conversation with a 5 year old boy over the weekend. It went a little something like this.
Me: "What are you going to dress up as for Halloween?"
Little Boy: "Arrrrrr"
Me: "A dinosaur?"
Little Boy: "No. Arrrr"
Me: "A monster?"
Little Boy: "No. Arrrrrrr"
Me: "A pirate?"
Little Boy: "Yes."
Me: "What is your favorite candy?"
Little Boy: "You are."
Me: "You don't want to eat me...I am not very sweet. I am pretty salty"
Little Boy: "I like salty."
Ok...just chuckle it off. Surely this little boy is not trying to pick me up!?!
A little while later I asked him: "Are you hungry? What do you want to eat for lunch?"
Little Boy: "I want to eat YOU."
My little 5 year old friend...he looks so sweet...but he is a bit salty himself!  Father's lock up you daughters...husbands hang on to your wives...this pirate is on the prowl!
I kind of got the feeling that this little pirate really was looking for booty. I am impressed...this kid's pick up lines were better than most of the men I had encountered when I was single.

No comments:

Post a Comment